Saturday, January 28, 2012

Goodwill Haul

In honor of the last Saturday of the month I decided to post about my Goodwill haul from last week.  For those of you who don’t Goodwill has a ½ off sale every last Saturday of the month, but R.H. was over last weekend and we thought a Goodwill outing was in order.  I purchased the following three items, and showed you how I would style them in different situations.
White and Black Stripe Talbots Blazer (New)-$13.50
Black Flowy Xhilertation from Target Blouse (New)-$8.00
Kimchi Blue Dress (Thrifted)-$6.75



 
Casual Look:
This white and black blazer was a little pricey from Goodwill, but it’s Talbots (high quality) and new (all tags were still attached.) Added benefit is that it is a petite!  Sometime you really can find your size at thrift stores J I paired it with a plain tank and jeans.  This look is super chic and perfect for running around doing errands or going out to eat.  I didn’t experiment with any jewelry for this shoot, but I would probably pair this blazer with this awesome red African beaded statement necklace I bought from a street vendor in D.C.
 
Work Look:
To make this blazer work appropriate I paired it with a black t-shirt shift dress I purchased from Talbots Outlet when I was in high school and my black flats.  To make this more winter friendly I would pair it with tights and boots. I love that this blazer has a little stretch which makes it super comfortable!
 
Casual Look:
Again with flair jeans this floaty top looks great and gives the look a 70s vibe.  A great arm-party of bangles would really finish off the look.  A necklace would interfere with the lace action going on up top, but a great pair of feather earrings or large gold hoops would probably work as well.
 
Night Out:
The black top looks badass with black leggings and black boots. I actually wore this last night with black nylon leggings from American Apparel (Yes, AA is expensive, but I was thrifty enough to get the Groupon the last time it was available; $50 worth of clothing for $100.  It was an amazing shopping trip with D.S.) In this pick I am wearing it with my H&M leggings and I think it still works.  If I may say, I look hot, without showing too much skin!
 
Casual Look:
This dress is pretty; pretty awesome.  I love the print, the princess bust line is amazing, and I love that it has sleeves for the winter.  The chest was a little too deep for me, so I stuck a plain tank underneath with some lace trim to add some interest.  Burgundy Hue brand tights and awesome Steve Madden boots finish off the look. To dress this up for more of a date night or party I would pair it with heals and more sparkly jewelry.

Goodwill How-tos:
Goodwill is great for finding more than just costumes and ugly Christmas sweaters, but you do have to dig.  It’s hard to go and look for a specific piece, but it is great for browsing and being open to whatever catches your eye.  Be on the lookout for everything, and do not be nervous if the tag says one size, but it looks another; a lot of clothes end up in Goodwill because the sizing is off.  Try on EVERYTHING you like, and be sure to look over every item for stains, working zippers, and that all buttons are attached. For pants double check that the bottoms aren’t worn, unless you are like me and will probably need to hem them anyway J Goodwill is a lot of digging, but it can have amazing wearable results.  The trip before this I got a VERY gently used pair of Joe’s Jeans for $10.  Beat that!

Let me know about awesome finds you have gotten from Goodwill!



No comments:

Post a Comment