Monday, January 23, 2012

Hello from Cherries in the Snow

So I am not sure anyone will ever read this, but I thought I would give a little back story to my blog.  I am a shopping addict, and I love fashion blogs, fashion magazines, window shopping, online browsing, and of course purchasing things!  With such a strong interest in the fashion world, I wanted a chance to add my views into the mix.

I am truly a savvy shopper and will scour racks and thrift stores for hours on end contemplating purchases.  I love some good inspiration, but I am a little tired of reading about a lot of things I cannot afford! The under $100 articles are interesting, but its not rocket science to find a cute dress or shirt under $100. Actually the few things I own that are over $100 are some purses and my winter jacket (I lived in Upstate New York for 4 years, a good jacket is a necessity.) Versace for H&M maybe awesome, but I refuse to buy a dress from H&M that costs over $50.

The title is in honor of my grandmother, Ida Storch.  Cherries in the Snow by Revlon was her #1 fashion statement, and I never once saw her not wearing this bright red on her lips.  The gorgeous ruby red pout above is mine, in my grandmother's favorite shade.  Taking inspiration from the other ladies in your life will definitely pay off. And as I promise this will be a blog about inexpensive style, this tube of super moisturizing, long wear lipstick sells at your local drugstore or supermarket for between $5-$7 bucks. Bright red lips are an instant way to change up your look without breaking the bank.  Remember grandma knows best!

2 comments:

  1. Dear sweet Rebecca,
    What a lovely tribute to your grandmother and my mother in law. But what excellent advice you have given to those who are shop alocohics or to those who like bargains. Thanks for sharing your expertise. I hope you get lots of hits. I did put you in my favorites.
    Love,
    Aunt Marcia

    ReplyDelete